Made in England
When we set up Forge Denim, we wanted to support those companies that still prioritised the tradition of English craftsmanship, and, as a point of principle, we chose to work with businesses who looked after their staff and the environment. Over the last 18 months we have travelled all over the country sourcing fabrics and components from a range of companies who share our commitment to quality and craft skills.
- The stainless steel buttons, the scissors that cut our denim and the stamps for the pocket bags and tags are all made in Sheffield.
- Most cotton yarn is spun abroad. We found a company in Manchester who spin their own yarn and the luxurious results can be seen in our single jersey Tees and our Hoodie.
- The bespoke fabric for the pockets and the printed bags for the jeans are woven specially for us in Lancashire.
- The string for the swing tags is woven from the wool of the rare breed Whiteface Dartmoor sheep.
- Instead of using horn buttons, our jacket buttons are sourced from an English company which uses environmentally friendly Corozo nuts.
The care we have taken to sort these different components and fabrics is part of our commitment to making clothes that looks right and feels right, down to the smallest detail.